How can you tell whether you’re making persuasion progress with your target in such areas as trust and credibility?
Here’s how: Consistently observe the other person’s actions — or inactions — to determine the degree to which you’re winning him or her over.
Here are seven sure signs things are going your way:
- Your target volunteers information that is not requested.
- Your target shares humor.
- Your target accepts pushback and contrary views.
- Your target requests advice from you.
- Your target shares confidential information.
- Your target meets deadlines and respects financial limitations.
- Your target initiates friendly follow up and continued contact.
Now, keep things going!